Tuesday, June 21, 2011

SL8B is one Giant Party in Second Life

Our Portrait of Second Life (general)
I'm a teensy bit sleep deprived but having a wonderful time. :) SL8B has opened and there are so many things to see and do, you really need to get down here and join the fun.

My own build is certainly not the most impressive but I'm thrilled that some terrific people participated in the project and that some of the magic in a variety of Second Lives is on display.  I moved some categories around and juggled a bit so that everyone who submitted a photograph is represented.  You'll have to check out all 26 screens to see them all but you can sit in a tree and be comfortable while you do.

Jump on a Pod and take a tour.  Have a look at what happens when more than 800 community volunteers get together to create something in celebration.  Oh and there are lots and lots of birthday presents.

3 comments:

Funny Bunny said...

It's so refreshing to read a blog post from someone with something positive to say about SL8B! So far, all I've seen is, "Oh, this is disappointing" or "it's rubbish, poorly thought out, too suburban" - well, you know what, if that's your opinion, stay away. I don't want you muddying MY plot with your 'woe is SL' attitude. Why don't you go away and start planning something else - or in your opinion, something better - for residents to contribute towards?

Honour, I like your plot and am pleased to have contributed something towards it!

Honour McMillan said...

Thank you :) Well I'm in SL8b About 14 or 15 hours a day and so far I've only heard good comments. Guess my tiny chicken scares the naysayers lol

Paper Tamer said...

I've had a great time at SL8B. And as a volunteer, it's so good to see how well people behave when so many people get together. It's been a pleasure "working" with you Honour. Don't hesitate to ask me to help out again. - DJ String