Sunday, October 24, 2010

Burn2 - Charcoal & A Treat

I have spent more than a week exploring and trying to understand this festival that suddenly appeared in my desert and last night was to be the event from which the "Burn" gets its name. I took the organizers' advice and stripped myself of all unnecessary prims and huds and headed back to watch the big show (choosing Ub Yifu's Puppet Masters as my vantage point). I can't say that I'm now an expert on the subject but I did enjoy myself.

The Man Burn team of Debbie Trilling, Elfod Nemeth, Gypsy Paz and Lorin Tone made magic last night. Flames crept in from the surrounding sims in a beautiful dance and lit the Man with drama and a hunger you could feel.

Burning timbers crashed to the ground as the fire consumed him and fireworks joined the flames.

After the Man had collapsed, the spectators raced onto the sim and added logs to the fire so it would keep going. It was a superbly executed event!

Today is the last day of official events at Burn2 2010 (although the playa will be open until the Skin Burn on Oct 30 if you missed a build and wish to visit). The climax will be the Temple Burn at 12:00 noon and 8:00 pm SLT with one more at 4:00 am Monday SLT. Based on my experience today I strongly suggest you show up early before the sims become full!

Debbie Trilling (she of The Man team) has made a fabulous video of the Burn. So, for all of you who couldn't make it, there's no need to rely on my pitiful photos of the event. Enjoy!



No comments: