Friday, October 16, 2009

Musings on " Being Known For"

Note: I would credit the creator of this image but it's on so many blogs I couldn't figure out who originated it. My thanks to the person who did!

I was going to write a blog post about Philip Linden's Announcement but Dusan Writer has written something that expresses my feelings much better and much more coherently than I could. You should read his post!

A funny thing happened when I went to the SL Blog and read Philip Linden's post.....I started to read the comments. Now I don't spend much time in the forums and so I'm certainly not an expert regarding the folks who might be considered regulars there. But I read one of the comments before I looked at the name and I knew instantly who must have written it. Their smug style and sour content were unmistakable.

I was looking at comments in a related Plurk and the same thing happened. A different person was writing but I immediately recognized them from their tone and bitter words.

I wasn't going to write this post but, later in the day, I saw a Plurk comment from this same person on a different topic and it happened again. I knew who it was from the style and content.

Every so often I come back to the topic "What do You Want to be Known For?". These two people have obviously chosen to be known as miserable, negative individuals convinced of their own superiority. They are loud, consistent and both ensure that their voices are heard in as many locations as possible in the metaverse. So I guess that if even somebody as unconnected as me could recognize them, they have achieved their goals. :)

No comments: