Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My islands aren't closing - I think.

I was wandering around on one of the islands earlier today and met a nice woman. She explained that she was visiting Aintree because she saw it on a list of Open Spaces that are closing. Huh?

I explained that whoever had posted that was misinformed and got her to give me the link. She left to go visit "all the other islands that are closing".

I understand that there is a lot of pain and angst and anger. I understand that people need to mobilize and feel that they're addressing the issue. But really! They should make sure of their facts first.

The page she saw Aintree listed has the following title:

Places we know that are going to disappear on or before 1/1/09

Aintree is slotted in this category:

UNCONFIRMED CLOSURE DATES / ENDANGERED OPENSPACES


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Aintree Common(s)

I'm sure these are all well meaning individuals and I applaud their passion and commitment. But they could have checked with me. :)

According to the comments on this page Paris 1900 was saved - I'm hoping that, at least, is true. :)

No comments: