Friday, February 29, 2008

Life in the fast lane - not for the faint hearted.



I love this av - it belongs to somebody who has had land next to my garden for months. Land she sold me a couple of days ago (and yes, I do think I have enough land already thank you so much for pointing it out). I wind up smiling the whole time I'm talking to her. The really funny part though is that she plays war games - and shows up to play in this 2 foot high av. Then she pulls out a very very big gun and kills them all while they're still laughing.

The title of this post refers to the fact that I'm sitting here drinking soy chocolate ovaltine. Can't get any more daring and adventurous than that!

Have to vent about one of my pet peeves. Had a visitor in the garden this afternoon that made me mad enough to be rude. Yes .........you read that correctly. The mature (semi) responsible Canadian was rude.

If you happen to belong to a faith that needs to enumerate its sins - know that I consider proseltyzing to be right up there. I don't care if you want to believe that Miranda the Great Moronic Horny Toad is going to swoop down and deliver you to the feathered lily pad in the sky. As long as you're not causing harm to anybody or anything else in the name of Miranda do what you want (and understand that I have a pretty extensive definition of harm - but I'll leave that for another time). However, should you be arrogant enough to believe that I have to agree with you and more than that - believe that I have to welcome you on to my property to listen to your rantings and expect me to see you as some noble prophet spreading the "joy" - expect to be drop kicked and banned.

In real life if somebody has the gall to knock on my door and say they want to talk to me about the bible - I reply "Why? Have they changed it?". Then, while they sputter I close and lock the door.

Whole thing made me grumpy. So I actually went shopping (I really don't like shopping). But I went to Grendel's Children and had a great time buying av's. I fell in love with the place.

No comments: